"All you need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."

"All you need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."

Thursday, August 28, 2014

My Life in Bright Colors

Hi everyone! My name is Alessandra Torres and I'm twenty years old. I came from Colegio Nuestra Señora de la Providencia in Río Piedras in which I studied from fourth grade to Senior year of high school. Before that, I coursed first to third grade of primary school at Colegio San Pedro Mártir in Guaynabo. I was born in San Juan and I have the pleasure to be the daughter of extraordinary and lovely parents who are the ones who have been always there for me and still helping me to design my own script. I have two siblings that I love too much: Camila, who is seven, and Fabián, who is thirteen years old.  Being the oldest sister is a special title: it means that I'm their role model. Fabián came to the world when I was seven and I have to let you know that I was very excited and I still was after his birth. I begged my mother to give me a   little brother to have someone to play with. He was like my "baby" when I played to be the "mom" of my dolls. Camila came to my life when I was thirteen and I got thrilled too. I'm also pleasured to have a stepmother and a stepfather  because my parents got divorced when I was just a baby.  

I started taking ballet classes since I was four years old and jazz classes since I was seven.  I really loved it, but when I became 10 years old I decided to leave the dance and to take tennis classes. My tennis affair lasted only one year. Then, I wasn't doing anything! When I was fourteen years old, I started dancing with the Folkloric Ballet of Guaynabo and the Ballet Folklórico Nacional de Puerto Rico directed by Tony D'Astro. Dancing is my passion and it is also one of my hobbies. During my school years, I participated in many activities and one of them was the Talent Show. I have a twin whose name is John Travolta. It's joking! I did the Travolta's character in Grease's performance on a Talent Show. It was a little hard for me, but I did it! Otherwise, I have been in some places like New York, Orlando, Arizona, Dominican Republic, and Culebra. Someday, I will like to visit Europe. That's one of my life goals.

My family and friends are very important for me. About that, I suffered my first and only big lost with my grandpa's death. If I were asked to point out the most saddest day of my life, I will definitely answer that it was that day. My family, specially my parents, were my support in such difficult situation. They have been for me through my life. I can proudly say that I'm the person I'm today today because of their dedication and guidance to my life; their interest in gave me a good education and prepared me to college life; and the respect they always show at my own decisions. Therefore, I graduated from high school and got accepted at the University of Puerto Rico Río Piedras Campus where I'm a Cellular & Molecular Biology major student. About my future, I want to be a  forensic pathologist. That's my biggest life goal. Getting a bachelor degree is my short-term goal. "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

4 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry for the loss of you grandpa. I've never been through an experience like that, but I know that my family will be of great support if it did. Sometimes even though we want to break free from their rules and script, we most also understand it's also okey to accept that their guidance once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not desire this exprience to anyone. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. It seems you have what you want to be in a future really clear, that is great! And its more great you have a family that support you and is always there for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I have their support! Thanks for your comment, Liane.

      Delete