"All you need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."

"All you need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."

Monday, September 29, 2014

Discovering Yourself Through Dreams


Dreaming is an act of communication between our unconscious mind and our conscious mind. It is a kind of bridge that connects our inner thoughts and expresses them in our external journey. Dreams can be defined as those images, activities, and feelings experienced by the mind during sleep. They are also related to a lot of things including creativity, events throughout our life, and emotions. Clinical psychotherapist, Jeffrey Sumber (2011), states that dreams allow us to process information or events that may be painful or confusing in an environment that is at once emotionally real, but physically unreal. 

Emotionally real, but physically unreal: that's the disadvantage (or advantage?) of dreaming. Dreams have an enormous power to connect us with what we have been thinking during the day or what we want at most and it's very difficult to confront reality when we wake up because most of the times we want to continue with it just to know what would happen next. Where these dreams come from? To where these dreams go to? What would happen if you would love the dream? That's the cruel reality. You will wake up and possibly you will remember some details of it, but not at all. Therefore, it is recommended to follow some tips in order to remember the most of it. These tips are simple and very easy to follow: you just have to wake up and write down everything in your mind. EVERYTHING!

As an activity of the Journey in Literature class, I had the opportunity to follow these tips and I got a great outcome. The weird thing in all of this is that I have a lot of short dreams during sleep. It's insane! Doing a retrospective review of the dreams I can remember nowadays, I notices I have dreamed being chased and falling down a couple of times. I have also see the death in my dreams, the desperation, the nature in its tragic point, and love. I'm sure many people desire their dreams to become reality...and I'm one of them. 

4 comments:

  1. I love how you talked about the power dreams have to connect us to the real world. Loved the link about dream symbols and meanings maybe I'll use them next time I remember a dream! Great Post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the link about the dream symbols and meanings. Thanks for checking out my blog, Valeria.

      Delete
  2. This is great! Love the links you attached!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the links attached to this post, Liane.

      Delete