"All you need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."

"All you need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Internal Journey: A Reflection on my Journey Journal


As part of our Journey in Literature class, it was assigned a special project that consisted in writing into a journal for eight weeks. At first, I felt scared because I'm not very good in English grammar and vocabulary and I was thinking about  how I was supposed to write in it having this kind of situation. The first reflection took place in the classroom and it was like a challenge for me. First, I must keep my hand moving during ten minutes, but it was  difficult because I had to translate all the thoughts in my mind to the English language and my hand started to hurt at the fifth minute, approximately. Second, to lose control and go for the jugular was a little hard because I think my thoughts weren't really interesting and crazy ones.

After the first week of writing on my journal, I started to feel more comfortable with my writing, but I know I have to continue improving  it. I had also talked about the difficult part of this experience, but I want to let you know the bearable part. The other instructions we had to followed on the journal were that we can't cross out, didn't worry about spelling, punctuation, and grammar, and don't think nor get logical. These instructions were more easy for me because I didn't really worry about how I wrote any word or sentence during the ten minutes. I simply wrote whatever I thought at that moment and most of the times I didn't get logical. Most of my entries are sentences without any logical sense. I like it because it helped me to wrote more fast in a given time. This practice helped me to explore my internal journey after experienced my external journey. I also had the opportunity to wrote about my dreams after I woke up in the morning and I felt more comfortable because I remembered most part of my dreams. The journey journal is a reflection of my inner journey; a journey many people didn't know about and a one from which I had also learned about myself.


Another thing we had to do in our journal was three life compasses per week. These compasses helped me to have a better understanding of my everyday situations inviting me to think about my spiritual or natural, mental, emotional, and physical state. Life compasses were variable as the entries, but I have learned many things from each one of them.  This activity also helped me to being relaxed and satisfied when doing my daily's reflections. I'm looking  forward to keep discovering and working with my internal and external journey throughout my entire life.



5 comments:

  1. Great reflection as you say: "After the first week of writing on my journal, I started to feel more comfortable with my writing.." I think that is the most important thing you might get from this exercise. As you start feeling comfortable with your ideas, it becomes easier to express yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alessandra, I appreciate that you understand the journey goes on throughout your entire life. It has value because of how it makes you aware of your experiences and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had understand my journey throughout my life and I believe I will be learning and understanding more of it until my death (or until I finally feel complete on that way). Thanks for reading my post, professor.

      Delete